1:1 Device Project
Embracing Digital Inclusivity: We recognise the importance of digital skills in the modern world. With the digital sector forming a significant part of the UK economy, we understand the necessity of preparing our pupils across the Trust for a future where digital proficiency is paramount. We have been working in collaboration with Leo Academy Trust on our 1:1 Device Project. Initiated in October 2021, the project is a testament to our commitment to bridging the digital divide and fostering an environment where technology enhances learning and personal development.
Empowering Our Pupils: The project's core objectives are to:
- Ensure that every Maritime child benefits from free access to their own Chromebook starting in Year 3 and this device stays with them until they leave us in Year 6
- Enhance learning opportunities through peer interaction
- Provide more problem-solving tasks
- Develop skills in connectivity, collaboration, and innovative learning methods
- Foster creativity and critical thinking
- Encourage self-learning and independent exploration
Building a Learning Community: A key aim is to use technology as a bridge between pupils, parents, and carers, creating a supportive community that extends learning beyond the classroom. This aligns with our strategic goal of continuous learning, regardless of the school day.
Progress and Future Plans
Milestones and Expansion:
- Current Status: As of now, every child in Year 3 and 4 in one of our mainstream schools owns a Chromebook, marking a significant step in our digital journey. Some of our schools have moved further ahead with the project with every Key Stage 2 child having their own device. Every child in Key stage 1 and EYFS has access to a Chromebook in their classrooms, setting the stage for home use in Key Stage 2.
- By September 2025: We aim for every child in Key Stage 2 in all of our schools to have their own device. This is especially crucial for our disadvantaged pupils who may lack access to technology at home.
Continuous Professional Development
Maintaining Momentum: Our CPD Strategy is designed to sustainably incorporate this project into our teaching framework. Regular training, feedback from staff, pupils and parents, alongside continual refinements, will form the cornerstone of this endeavour.
A Leap Towards Technological Proficiency
We are committed to equipping our pupils for a world where digital literacy is not merely beneficial but essential. Through the 1:1 Device Project, we are setting the foundation for a future-ready generation.