We work across all our schools, providing support and challenge to ensure that each of our schools performs to the highest standards possible, thereby delivering educational excellence for every one of our children.
The Maritime central team is a highly effective team supporting our schools in a range of key areas:
- Education - our highly capable education team comprises mainly current teaching practitioners from within our schools who work part-time in the central team and part-time in their schools, ensuring the team is fully grounded in the reality of teaching and its challenges too! The team supports each school through regular independent reviews of the quality of teaching and learning in each school, facilitating support in response, and running teacher-focused CPD to ensure our staff are always progressing.
- Finance - we have an excellent finance team who support our schools in budget setting, in budget monitoring, in running the centralised online ordering and payment system, as well as supporting our senior leaders with tricky decisions that benefit from a finance perspective.
- HR - our strong HR team supports our schools with all HR matters from recruitment, to training and development, to dealing with complex HR cases.
- Estates - our Estates team provides high-quality support to our schools, from leading on large capital bid writing and oversight, to support with day to day estates issues, to ensuring that our schools are all H&S compliant.
- Marketing and community engagement - our newly formed marketing and community engagement team supports each school with bespoke advice on how best to market e.g. a nursery, as well as supporting each school with optimising school fundraising.
Click here to see the team and find out more about what makes us tick.
The central team understands their role is to support the children in our schools as much as it is the classroom teachers job to do so.
Headteacher - Maritime Academy Trust